Bringing you news from all corners of Kenya.|Tuesday, September 25, 2018
You are here: Home » All Articles » Editor's Picks » Police officer murders wife, child in fit of rage

Police officer murders wife, child in fit of rage 

A somber mood engulfed Weseges village in Subukia, Nakuru County after a police officer attached to the Suswa Anti Stock Theft Unit (ASTU) shot dead his wife and their five year old daughter in a bizarre incident early Wednesday.
Subukia OCPD Alex Ng’ang’a who confirmed the incident said that the suspect, identified as Constable Cosmas Biwott used a colleague’s firearm to commit the crime before fleeing from the scene.
He said that a manhunt for the suspect has since been launched adding that 10 rounds of ammunition were fired during the early morning incident.
The two victims were identified as Jane Njoki and her daughter Shantel Nyambura who both died on the spot.
According to neighbours, the police officer has been engaged in constant quarrels with his wife, whom he had lived with for a few months only.
According to Njoki’s mother Mrs. Wambui Nderitu, her daughter had at one time separated with the officer before she went back.
She further added that her daughter had escaped from the suspect a week ago after he threatened to kill her.
He however traced her and the two reconciled.
She said that Njoki operated a bar at the nearby Suswa trading centre.
A large crowd of local residents, family members and journalists who swarmed the camp after the bizarre incident were denied entry into the heavily guarded camp with all questions being referred to the Subukia OCPD.
Wambui complained that she had not been allowed to even view the bodies of her loved ones as they were removed from the scene before her arrival.
Waseges MCA Kiriethe Ndigirigi who was among the first people to arrive at the scene said that there was need to ensure that firearms are kept in safe custody in the armory adding that allowing officers to have guns in their houses was risky.
John Nderitu, a brother to the late Njoki said that he woke up after hearing gun shots only to be told that it was his sister that had been killed.
The ASTU camp has more than 20 police officers who were deployed in the area following rampant cases of cattle theft in the area.
The two bodies were moved to Nyahururu hospital mortuary to await post mortem and burial.
By Jane Ngugi

Related posts:

Leave a Response